Amazon introduced the ladies hiring occasion, Amazon WOW, in 2021. We needed to register on the amazon wow portal to entry it after which we obtain an invite to the examination.
- Screening check (1 Simple coding query and laptop science fundamentals)
- Commonplace Amazon placement Check (Debugging, coding, workstyles evaluation, aptitude)
Interview: For SDE 1, there have been 3 interview rounds. The examination outcomes had been launched in December 2021, and rounds of interviews had been deliberate for January by way of February 2022. Outcome bulletins had been made in March 2022.
Spherical 1: (Technical Interview): Length: 60 Minutes Platform: Amazon Chime
- This spherical began with the interviewer asking me to introduce myself. After a fast introduction, I used to be immediately requested the DSA query.
- Drawback 1: remodel binary search tree to higher sum tree
- I used to be requested to jot down a production-level code for a similar. I defined my method, carried out a dry run, and acknowledged time and house complexities.
- Drawback 2: find-maximum-possible-stolen-value-houses I defined my method utilizing Dynamic programming after which the interviewer prolonged the issue by stating that the n homes at the moment are in a round avenue. I defined my method, and its time and house complexity accomplished the code and carried out a fast dry run. The interviewer was fairly happy with this and the spherical ended with a couple of behavioral questions.
Spherical 2: (Technical Interview): Length: 90 Minutes Platform: Amazon Chime
- I used to be questioned about one of many initiatives listed on my résumé to begin this spherical of the interview. After an in depth dialogue, the interviewer offered the DSA query.
- Drawback 1: Given a matrix with every cell worth as ‘A’ or ‘G’ for military and gold respectively, such that now we have consecutive military cells adopted by gold cells. We’ve got to output the row quantity that we must always select to steal such that we will encounter most gold cells.
- I defined the brute power method adopted by strategies to optimize the code. The interviewer gave me a touch which helped me provide you with probably the most optimum resolution attainable. After finishing the coding half for a similar, we mentioned the time complexity of this method.
- Drawback 2: check-if-a-binary-tree-is-subtree-of-another-binary-tree He merely requested me to elucidate the technique for this one and to point the time and house complexity for a similar as a result of we had been operating out of time.
- I requested the interviewer a couple of questions on his work at Amazon to wrap up this spherical.
Spherical 3: (Technical Interview) Length: 60 Minutes Platform: Amazon Chime
- The supervisor started spherical three by asking me a couple of behavioral questions relating to my initiatives and internship. These questions are usually associated to Amazon’s Management rules and you’re anticipated to focus on these qualities whereas answering them. After an in depth dialogue, he offered the DSA downside.
- Drawback 1: In a 2D matrix, given supply cell ( any matrix nook) and vacation spot cell ( any cell within the matrix), discover no cells to be traveled to succeed in the vacation spot cell such that we will solely comply with the diagonal path in a spiral trend ( backside left and backside proper diagonal paths or prime left and prime proper diagonal paths)
- This spherical had a single coding query with a simple problem degree, however I used to be requested to jot down the code in such a approach that it may be generalized to vary the motion both from proper to left or left to proper with minimal alterations within the code.
Remaining Verdict: I obtained an e-mail after nearly a month stating that I’ve been chosen as an SDE 1 at Amazon.
- Amazon closely depends on its 12 management rules and expects the candidates to mirror these expertise. Be sure to word down not less than 2-3 management rules that align together with your work in every of your initiatives. When responding to the behavioral questions, emphasize these skills.
- Amazon provides utmost significance to the standard of code you write. A candidate is anticipated to jot down production-level code which is clear, and effectively indented with correct variable names.
- Be sure to are thorough with DSA and OOPs ideas.
- Suppose loudly all through the interview course of, even if you end up coding. At all times spotlight the time and house complexities of your approaches.
- Take your time to grasp the DSA downside and search clarification by asking questions on it.
- At all times exhibit curiosity within the job on the firm by asking the interviewer questions on the conclusion.