About Cisco: Cisco’s objective is to energy an inclusive future for all. We imagine within the energy of know-how and what it makes doable for our communities, companies, and governments around the globe. Cisco Techniques, a know-how firm based mostly in America, which operates internationally, is greatest identified for being the highest networking firm. It is among the largest companies on the planet. Cisco was based in 1984 and has its headquarters in San Jose, California.
Cisco can be identified for its superb work tradition, it has been named #1 on the World’s Greatest Workplaces checklist by Nice Locations to Work and Fortune Journal for the second time. I’ve solely labored right here for six months however I can vouch for the nice work tradition right here!
Cisco Ideathon: The Cisco Ideathon is a chance for college kids with potential and creativity to be part of Cisco’s technological improvements.
Cisco Ideathon is a hiring program by Cisco, carried out yearly, to rent college students who’ve the correct abilities and potential, throughout the nation. It’s a golden alternative for college kids from tier-3 schools to get an opportunity to work for one of many greatest IT corporations on the planet.
After realizing about Cisco and Cisco Ideathon, let’s get to the principle level of this text i.e. the whole technique of the Ideathon and my expertise.
**A hyperlink is included on the finish, to be taught extra about Ideathon 2022.**
Eligibility Standards For Ideathon 2021
- Taking part college students should have accomplished both one of many following NetAcad programs on the time of registering for Cisco Ideathon 2021:
- CCNA Module 1 + Python, or
- Networking Necessities + Python, or
- Taking part scholar have to be a closing yr scholar (graduating in 2022) from BE/B. Tech, ME/M.Tech, Built-in Twin Diploma, MCA, and MSc levels with CGPA 7 or above (highest diploma). Open for all branches.
- No present backlogs /arrears on the time of participation.
- Taking part college students have to be accessible for a 6-month full-time internship at Cisco Techniques, Bangalore; from Jan to June 2022.
*I took instructor-led CCNA Module 1 and Python Course, it’s completely superb to take up programs as and if you like. It’s best to full the required programs earlier than the Ideathon.
**for showing in Ideathon, college students have to be from a school registered with Cisco Networking Academy, please test in with the TPO Cell at your college to learn about it.
The competition journey
Registrations: The hyperlink to register was shared by our NetAcad Teacher. After you register for the Ideathon, in case you are shortlisted based mostly on the eligibility standards, you’ll obtain hyperlinks in your registered electronic mail ID for additional rounds in line with the timeline.
Spherical 1: Preliminary On-line Quiz
The preliminary quiz had two sections: a compulsory part and a complicated part (Superior Networking or Superior Software program programming), college students had to decide on one among two and register relying on their superior subject choice.
The necessary part had a time restrict of 60 minutes and consisted of questions based mostly upon:
- Pc Fundamentals/Programming MCQs
- Aptitude questions
The superior sections had a time restrict of half-hour.
*I ready the fundamentals of laptop networks, DSA, OS, OOPS, DBMS and aptitude for this spherical. I selected Superior Networking as a result of I wasn’t very assured in my DSA abilities on the time of the quiz spherical. The Superior Networking part had CCNA and networking questions.
**15300 college students have been shortlisted pan India for the first spherical out of which solely 4048 college students have been shortlisted pan India for the 2nd spherical.
Spherical 2: Video Submission Spherical
We acquired Video Submission directions through electronic mail from Cisco some days after the Preliminary Quiz Spherical. We got two downside statements, we had to decide on one, analysis completely and create a 90-sec video presenting our concepts to unravel the given downside.
Drawback statements given have been:
- Understanding clients’ real-time pulse is a large problem in the present day, How will you leverage information science to assist in predicting buyer expertise/sentiment proactively in contrast to the present survey mechanisms that are reactive in nature? (Trace: Take into consideration elements that may affect buyer expertise)
- Given the challenges that exist in our nation, utilizing doable sensor information from future vehicles, derive options that may assist cut back the carbon footprint that may embrace issues like a carbon tax, carpooling detection and matching, and site visitors re-routing amongst many different issues.
*I selected the primary downside assertion, my few cents for such rounds:
Analysis completely on the issue assertion earlier than making the video, I took essentially the most time researching and curating a clear and formal presentation on the subject.
At all times care for your apparel and the tone of your voice for the video.
Be concise and to the purpose within the video, you possibly can all the time point out the extra info within the slides.
Utilizing present applied sciences as examples and preserving the video fascinating, I made positive to incorporate quite a lot of stats and information.
Spherical 3: On-line Technical Evaluation/UR Check
From this spherical, the observe for campus recruits and ideathon(off-campus) recruits would be the similar. Despite the fact that the variety of opponents might need diminished from this spherical, the extent of issue was elevated and the competitors was fierce.
The check consisted of superior Aptitude Primarily based MCQs, Pc Elementary MCQs and 1 or 2 (Medium to Onerous degree) programming questions, the time restrict for this spherical is 60 minutes.
Earlier than trying the On-line Technical Evaluation Check, they ask you to fill your choice for a number of job roles. In Ideathon 2021, there have been Software program Engineer – Inside Functions, Consulting Engineer – CX, Enterprise Analyst, Technical Techniques Engineer and Website Reliability Engineer roles. Primarily based on the efficiency on this check, we got roles.
Interview Rounds: The individuals who handed the UR check have been shortlisted for Interview Rounds.
Shortlisted college students have been despatched invitations to affix the Webex area, based mostly on the job function assigned to you, for additional communication. I used to be shortlisted for the function of Consulting Engineer/CX intern.
There have been three interview rounds; technical interview, managerial interview and HR interview.
All interviews occurred within the span of two days.
*607 college students have been shortlisted pan India for the Last Interview Rounds.
1. The Technical Interview: There was 1 interviewer. He requested about basic programming fundamentals, a number of coding questions, and questions on networking and CCNA.
A whole lot of questions have been from what I had talked about within the resume and concerning the tasks. Be trustworthy about what you point out in your resume and be thorough along with your tasks, it’ll be simpler so that you can reply when the interviewer cross-questions.
After interviews have been finished for the day, a listing of shortlisted college students, for the MR was shared within the area.
2. The Managerial Interview: The MR occurred the subsequent day. It was kind of a mixture of technical and managerial questions. Right here they requested laptop fundamentals, scenario-based or situation-based questions, concerning the tasks I had talked about in my resume, and every part I had finished throughout my school years.
The checklist of shortlisted college students was shared on the area.
3. The HR Interview: HR occurred within the night on the identical day, after the MR.
- Hear very rigorously to what they are saying, we have been informed concerning the job function, our stipend and the CTC breakdown on this spherical. In addition they assess your confidence degree, communication abilities and the power to get by means of completely different conditions right here.
- Don’t get excited or overconfident right here, many individuals have been rejected from this spherical too, sure even after telling you concerning the pay.
- *All of the interviewers have been candy and supportive. Revise the ideas of DSA, OS, DBMS, OOPS, and Pc Networks. Attempt to be up to date with the newest know-how jargon and information simply as a facet measure and to create conversations with the interviewers.
- *Please, please, please work in your communication abilities, it might probably make or break the interview.
- *If you happen to don’t know the reply, it’s okay, the interviewer will information you thru it. Simply keep in mind that even when the correct reply is essential, having the ability to make folks perceive your strategy or perspective, issues extra.
- *Be assured and belief your self, you’ve obtained this. 🙂
The Last Verdict: A couple of days after the HR interview, the end result was introduced. I obtained chosen! All the perfect! Imagine in your self and also you’ll rock it. I hope to see you right here at Cisco:)
To be taught concerning the particulars for Ideathon 2022, click on on the hyperlink beneath: