- Analyze requirements for new products and improvements to existing products;
- Define the system architecture and select components;
- Create schematics, perform PCB layout, and coordinate the fabrication of prototypes;
- Bring up and troubleshoot boards;
- Develop production firmware in C;
- Define and implement a production test plan;
- Create engineering and production documentation.
- Degree in CS, EE, or equivalent, and a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellence in development of embedded software in C, with and without RTOS.
- Experience with various microcontroller architectures, including ARM.
- Familiarity with development tools (IDEs, in-circuit debuggers, etc).
- Familiarity with standard communication protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, Ethernet).
- Experience in digital circuit design and PCB layout.
- Proficient with schematic capture and PCB layout software.
- Ability to bring up and troubleshoot boards.
- Experience with standard electrical equipment including oscilloscopes, serial bus analyzers, soldering irons, and multimeters.
- Desire to make a big impact across multiple disciplines while keeping focused on the customer.
- Software development experience in Java, including Android apps.
- Familiarity with low-power radio protocols, such as ZigBee, Thread, BLE.
- Knowledge of radio-frequency circuit design and familiarity with related lab equipment (spectrum analyzers, etc).
- Analog circuit design and simulation.
Note: This is a 12-month long remote project opportunity with full-time capacity.