Expedia got here to our campus for the SWE-1 position. A complete of 200+ college students utilized for its recruitment drive. I used to be additionally one of many candidates. All rounds have been elimination rounds.
Spherical-1: Spherical 1 was an On-line Take a look at for a length of 45 minutes. It was hosted on the aptitude platform. It was a energy evaluation spherical. Principally, they provides you with totally different eventualities which you will encounter throughout your journey with the corporate and it’s important to reply how you’ll take care of them.
96 college students have been shortlisted for the following spherical.
Spherical-2: Spherical 2 was an On-line check for one hour on a hacker rank platform.
- It had 2 going Questions each of which may very well be simply solved in case you have achieved good follow.
- One Query was on array and strings one other was on precedence queues.
20 college students have been shortlisted after this spherical.
Spherical-3: Technical Interview 1: The interview was in offline mode so the corporate visited our campus.
The interviewer greeted me and requested me to inform him about myself. It’s a good suggestion to have a correct introduction written and practiced beforehand. Just remember to all the time finish your introduction with a challenge or a piece expertise that you’re assured in. The interviewer usually asks a follow-up query on that. I instructed them about my internship in my introduction and he requested me for a follow-up about what I really discovered from it . This manner you’ll be able to information the interviewer to a subject you might be comfy with. I used to be requested two DSA Questions:
- I’ve to inform the longest palindromic substring’s size and the string additionally for a given string s.
Firstly I instructed him the brute pressure after which went on to recursion after which memoization utilizing DP. After we had a dialogue on the issue’s resolution he requested me to put in writing code on pen and paper. I wrote it and he was glad.
- The second query was to inform the diameter of a binary tree.
Once more I instructed him the strategy he requested me concerning the time and house complexities and after he was glad he requested me to put in writing code on paper.
Ideas: Put together properly for the time and house complexities they focus loads on them.
Spherical-4: Once more a technical Interview was taken by SDE 3 at Expedia. It began with my temporary introduction after which straight she jumped to DSA Questions. I used to be requested 3 DSA Questions.
- Print subarray with sum Ok. Firstly he requested me to inform the strategy just for the constructive parts after which for destructive additionally. I instructed brute pressure and step by step optimized it. She was glad with my strategy.
- Clone a Linked record with the random pointer.
- Diagonal traversal of a binary tree.
Finally, I used to be requested some HR-related Questions additionally like what you’ll do in a state of affairs the place you may have a battle along with your teammates. and so on and so on. After the rounds round 1/2 hour, later outcomes have been introduced and I used to be chosen for the position.
TIPS: Don’t get nervous in any state of affairs. Hold your mind calm and place confidence in your self.
- Ready subjects like DSA and OOPs ideas completely.
- Most questions are requested from right here and your strategy can be appreciated greater than the ultimate reply.
- Whereas ideating an answer for a DSA query, just be sure you assume out loud as this assist the interviewer learn about your thought course of and your decision-making ability.
- It additionally retains the interviewer and engaged.
The interviewers are usually pleasant and make you’re feeling comfy whereas giving the interview. In case you are caught on a query, you’ll be able to all the time ask for hints for continuing additional.