Expedia got here to our campus for SDE – 1 function. Roughly 500 college students utilized for a similar.
Expedia’s Hiring Workflow:
- Resume Based mostly Shortlisting
- Psychometric Spherical
- On-line Evaluation
- Technical Interviews
ROUND 1: Resume-Based mostly Shortlisting: After making use of on the school portal, we had been additionally supposed to use on Expedia’s careers web page.
- Many college students failed to take action and thus they had been eradicated from the Placement drive.
- After the resume primarily based shortlisting, Round 120 college students had been allowed to take a seat for future rounds.
ROUND 2: Psychometric Take a look at: Psychometric Take a look at is mainly Expedia’s model of the Workstyle evaluation. The length of this spherical was 45 minutes, and scenario-based questions had been requested. I might suggest going via Expedia Worklife ideas and answering accordingly. This was additionally an elimination spherical and 83 college students had been chosen for the following spherical.
After this spherical. a suggestions report was additionally despatched to all of the candidates.
ROUND 3: On-line Evaluation
- Shifting on to the coding spherical. This spherical was primarily based on the HackerRank platform. The take a look at contained 6 MCQ Questions and a couple of DSA Based mostly Questions.
- MCQs had been on the Core Topics like OS and OOPs. DSA Questions had been fairly simple, I’d say Straightforward-Medium of LeetCode.
- After this spherical 12 College students had been chosen for the Offline Technical Interviews.
ROUND 4: Technical and HR Interviews: The Interviews had been carried out in offline mode. Each Interviews had been carried out for all 12 college students. Each the interviews had been primarily based on DSA and Behavioural questions.
- Interview Spherical 1: The interviewer(SDE 2) requested me to introduce myself, and after that, he launched himself as effectively. After an off-the-cuff chat about his work at Expedia, he requested me about my tasks, not very technical simply an outline. He additionally requested concerning the time complexities of assorted sorting algorithms(Insertion type, Heap type, fast type, merge type) and likewise some Information Buildings(Heap, Map, BST, LL, BT). Later, he began with the DSA half.
- Size of the longest substring with out repeating characters
- Minimal Sum Path in a Triangle
- Add two numbers in a linked record
- Interview Spherical 2: This spherical was taken by a senior SDE at Expedia. After the introduction, he requested me concerning the tasks and what kind of difficulties I confronted throughout the tasks and the place of tasks. In a while, he requested me about some DSA issues.
- Merge two sorted Linked Checklist
- Coin Change Downside
After the interview was over, the outcomes had been declared after 20-Half-hour and I used to be chosen for the function.
TIPS: Don’t get nervous in any scenario. Maintain your mind calm and place confidence in your self.
- Ready subjects like DSA and OOPs ideas completely.
- Most questions are requested from right here and your method will likely be appreciated greater than the ultimate reply.
- Whereas ideating an answer for a DSA query, just be sure you suppose out loud as this assist the interviewer find out about your thought course of and your decision-making ability.
- It additionally retains the interviewer and engaged.