- Movies have interaction and convert, they usually additionally rank extremely properly in natural search, making them the right medium for changing searchers into consumers
- Movies can assist information prospects to your model at stage of the customer journey
- Right here’s learn how to create video content material that caters to every stage particularly
The method of buying a buyer begins along with your first contact. There are a number of phases a shopper goes by means of earlier than changing into a buyer after which a loyal buyer. A purchaser journey begins with figuring out or expressing a necessity. This want then needs to be fulfilled indirectly or the opposite.
With over eight billion searches per 12 months, actual purchaser journeys are sophisticated and will take weeks or months. Nonetheless, to simplify issues, here’s a snapshot of the important thing phases an individual goes by means of to turn into your buyer. Since practically 68 p.c of on-line experiences start with a search engine all these phases can very properly occur in Google itself:
- Consciousness: when a shopper finds out that you’ve an answer to an issue, they want to be solved. In lots of (however not all) circumstances, this looking journey begins with a “learn how to” question.
- Consideration: when a shopper provides you to the checklist of potential answer suppliers
- Resolution: when a shopper believes you’ve gotten the perfect answer and turns into a paying buyer.
Companies want to assist customers make the suitable determination by offering data, help and instilling belief in your model by means of the method.
With video content material displaying up throughout search outcomes, it is smart to make use of movies for all these three phases within the shopper’s journey. The very best factor about movies is that they rank extremely properly, particularly when you host them on YouTube and follow video optimization.
The 2 distinct sections the place video can help your potential prospects at every stage of a shopping for journey are:
- Featured snippets: When Google features a video in a featured snippet, that’s a robust sign that individuals are looking for a video tutorial to resolve their downside. If that’s your goal search question, making a video is a should, particularly when optimizing for the “consciousness” stage within the funnel.
- Video carousels: Google consists of video carousels when a video intent is implied. It’s not in any respect troublesome to rank your video there, particularly relating to particular (low-search-volume) queries, like brand-driven queries.
Right here’s an instance of each of those sections rating on the very prime of the search consequence web page, pushing natural outcomes approach under the above-the-fold a part of the display. Discover a very-well branded video by Lowes being featured for a really related – albeit longtail – question. I wager this generates fairly a couple of leads for them. There’s additionally one other model – The Dwelling Depot – rating its video within the carousel under. Appears like, each of those manufacturers are doing their homework properly:
There are a lot of totally different sorts of video content material that can be utilized at every particular stage. These movies assist to encourage the buyer to proceed their journey with you somewhat than along with your competitor.
Because the identify suggests, this video optimization technique ensures that your goal prospects turn into conscious of your model.
The sorts of video advertising and marketing content material that work finest at this stage of the funnel embrace:
Ensure your movies are well-branded to construct recognizability: Use your emblem and shade palette in your video thumbnail, as it will present up in search outcomes.
As soon as the attention has been created, it’s time to consolidate all that effort and transition your shopper to the subsequent stage of consideration.
You may improve your buyer expertise at this stage by means of movies that place your product in a approach you need it to be positioned. A superb purpose to make use of movies at this stage is that they put your product in a real-life context, that’s, they present precisely how different individuals are utilizing your product.
The best movies for this stage are:
- Explainer movies to introduce your shopper to the product and describe what you supply intimately. The explainer movies current the issue, talk about how your organization can show the answer and spotlight the options of the product and its advantages to the buyer. Consider these movies as lead magnets: You need them to supply worth, not simply discuss your product.
- Product demo movies to elucidate how a services or products works intimately. They spotlight all some great benefits of utilizing the product in a simple to know format. They usually use step-by-step directions to point out learn how to use the product and will embrace some modern concepts about the place to make use of it. A superb script and wonderful presentation make it a standout product demo movies of all time. It’s a good suggestion to create an on-site video gallery in your website to share these demos along with your website guests. Movies do decelerate your pages, so thoughts your web page load time when utilizing embedded content material.
- Storytelling movies to point out a lighter facet of your small business, humanize it to make it join with the buyer. These movies inform a narrative about your small business, its hopes, aspirations, and values. Normally, firm workers and executives communicate in regards to the firm, their experiences with it and their work. They’re designed to create an emotive response that can strengthen the customers’ relationship along with your firm.
As all of those movies are presupposed to be rating in Google, be sure to match them to the precise search queries which have increased industrial intent.
The third stage of the buyer’s journey is convincing the shopper that your services or products affords the perfect answer to their downside.
That is the stage the place the buyer is already dedicated to purchase and desires a delicate nudge in the suitable route. That is the time when it’s worthwhile to emphasize on trust-building so the buyer trusts your model and buys your product. The best movies at this stage are peer testimonials and critiques.
- Video testimonials: These are the perfect sorts of movies for belief and confidence-building in your potential prospects and a should for the ultimate stage of buyer acquisition which is lead conversion.
- Buyer-driven storytelling movies displaying how your prospects use the product in a extra inventive context.
Your goal search queries for a majority of these movies embrace:
- Your product and your model identify: When you have a longtime model (or in case you are working in the direction of that), your model identify is being searched in Google, and these movies will make sure you’ll have one more asset you management in brand-driven SERPs. In case you are doing a good job monitoring your model in natural search, you already know your essential brand-driven search queries.
- Competitor-driven search queries: These are search queries exploring your rivals’ alternate options and evaluating two rivals.
These movies also needs to be reused in two essential methods:
- Embed them in your key touchdown pages: Video content material is a widely known strategy to enhance conversions however on this case it’s a great way to assist your prospects really feel at house as they’ll see the identical video on the web page after clicking the hyperlink on YouTube. It is usually a good suggestion to curate these movies in your devoted buyer critiques web page.
- Use these movies on your remarketing campaigns. You should use retargeting on YouTube to serve them to individuals who already went by means of stage #2 within the shopping for journey however haven’t transformed but.
Utilizing movies in your natural search technique to interact prospects at every main stage of their shopping for journey is without doubt one of the finest examples of how search engine optimisation and gross sales can assist one another. Embody movies in each search engine optimisation and CRO methods and you’ll probably see a lot better outcomes on each fronts.
Ann Smarty is the Founding father of Viral Content material Bee, Model and Group supervisor at Web Advertising and marketing Ninjas. She may be discovered on Twitter @seosmarty.
Subscribe to the Search Engine Watch publication for insights on search engine optimisation, the search panorama, search advertising and marketing, digital advertising and marketing, management, podcasts, and extra.